Iacullo, Martino, Machtemes & Reinitz Attorneys at Law
Josh graduated from Rutgers College and Rutgers School of Law – Newark and served as a law clerk to Hon. Eugene H Austin, J.S.C. in Bergen County. He is admitted to practice in both the State and Federal Courts in New Jersey. His practice focuses on the defense of clients facing charges in the Municipal and Superior Courts of New Jersey.
Voted by his peers as the 2019 New Jersey State Bar Association's Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year. Josh was part of the first-ever class of 21 attorneys statewide to be certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Municipal Court Trial Attorney He served two years as the Chair of the Municipal Court Practice Section of the New Jersey State Bar and was a 2016 recipient of the New Jersey Law Journal’s New Leader of the Bar Award recognizing the top attorneys in New Jersey under 40 years old. Mr. Reinitz has been named eight times as a Super Lawyer or as a “Rising Star” in Criminal Defense/DUI by the New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Josh was chosen by New Jersey Supreme Court Chief Justice Rabner to serve on the Supreme Court’s Municipal Court Practice Committee and the Supreme Court’s Working Group on Municipal Court Reform. He is currently a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Legislation.
Mr. Reinitz has served as both a Municipal Prosecutor and a Municipal Public Defender throughout New Jersey. He is a sought-after lecturer in the legal world having presented more than 20 seminars to other attorneys on DWI, Leadership, Appeals, and Municipal Court Practice. Recognized as a skilled legal writer whose briefs have assisted in overturning multiple criminal convictions.
He was appointed to serve on a panel of the Office of Attorney Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee for District V-C and elected by his fellow residents in Fair Lawn where he currently serves as the Deputy Mayor of Community Affairs.
Areas of Practice
- Driving While Intoxicated/Municipal Court Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- Employment Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Municipal Law Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2007
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2003
Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.S. - 1999
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Administration of Justice
- State v. Barros, 425 N.J.Super. 329 , 2012
- Post Conviction Relief in Municipal Court, NJICLE, 2012 to 2012
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Criminal Defense/DWI
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Trustee/Director Municipal Court Practice Section, 2003 to Present
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Municipal Court Committee, 2011 to Present
- Municipal Court Practice Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Legislative Coordinator
Past Employment Positions
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Clerk to Hon. Eugene H Austin, J.S.C, 2003 to 2004
- Rutgers University Women's Basketball, Director of Basketball Operations, 2005 to 2006