Use Quimbee’s Legal Ethics Outline and Quickline to ace your final exam in ethics or prepare for the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE). Professionally written and fully accessible 24/7 on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices, Quimbee’s Legal Ethics Outline covers the regulation of the legal profession, the lawyer-client relationship, client confidentiality, conflicts of interest, safekeeping client funds and property, lawyer’s duties to the public and the legal system, and judicial conduct.
Regulation of the Legal Profession
The regulation of lawyers’ conduct is largely based on a set of rules of professional conduct established by the American Bar Association (ABA). The ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct (Model Rules) have since been adopted by most states.
Development of an Ethical Code of Conduct
In 1908, the American Bar Association (ABA) drafted the Canons of Professional Ethics in order to govern the ethical conduct of its member lawyers and articulate the acceptable behavior that a lawyer must or should exhibit when interacting with clients, other lawyers, and the courts. A violation of the canons subjected a lawyer to discipline up to and including disbarment.
States Adopt the Rules
By 1969, the ABA promulgated the Model Code of Professional Responsibility. However, many lawyers complained that the rules contained in the code were too complex, too complicated to understand, and focused too much on litigation. In response, the ABA replaced the Model...
This is a preview of Quimbee's outline on Legal Ethics. You can purchase the full outline for a one-time payment of $29.
All Quimbee Outlines include:
- PDF or Word document download
- Integration with Quimbee's library of case briefs
- Black letter law and relevant exceptions
- Real-world examples to illustrate difficult concepts
- Everything you need to score an A on your final exam
- 24/7 access on desktop, tablet or mobile devices
Here's why 78,000+ law students use Quimbee:
- Reliable - all content written by law professors and practitioners
- Access to over 7,542 case briefs keyed to 85 casebooks
- Massive library of on-demand video lessons and practice questions for 1Ls, 2Ls and 3Ls
- Top-notch customer support
- Unlimited, 24/7 access on desktop, mobile, or tablet devices